Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Antigone Journal 2

1.      Antigone and Haemon are talking and she is making him go away. (start on page eighteen)
2.      Antigone and Ismene talking about burying their brother. (starts on page ten)
3.      Antigone and Nurse are talking and the Nurse is wondering where she has been. (starts on page seven)
4.      Antigone and Nurse are talking and the Nurse is helping Antigone not to be afraid. (starts on page thirteen)
5.      Antigone and Haemon are discussing about their relationship. (starts on page sixteen)
6.      Antigone and Haemone talking about her coming over to his house. (start on page eighteen)
7.      Antigone and Ismene talking about their final decisions to bury their brother. (starts on page twelve)

Interesting:
What I thought was interesting and I kept wondering why Antigone was doing this was she would say, “Wasn’t I a miserable little beast when we were small” (10). In this quote she is calling herself a beast in the other quote “The nasty brat, the willful, wicked girl” (11). I just kept asking myself why she keeps calling herself terrible names. I also noticed the reference to "red apples" on page nine and remember how they can play motifs in theater productions. I thought how it was interesting that the Nurse was calling Antigone a "sweet red apple" (9).

No comments:

Post a Comment