I. Janie is rethinking and starting to regret her decision to leave Eatonville for her pear tree images is starting to die and become not what she wants it to become.
II. Janie has been influenced and pushed around by many people: her Grandmother, Logan, Jody, and the porch sitters, she has never been able to make her own decisions until now and the first time she decides to go with her own decision, her first change in life could result in metaphorical death.
III. Worried is the mood in the second paragraph when Janie is pleading for God’s help.
IV. At the end of the second paragraph Janie is so impatient; for she is done waiting she wants her pear tree image to come back perfect and beautiful again, wanting the husband of her dreams.
V. When the sun rises on a fresh new day Janie is not ready to start fresh she would rather live in the dark and then move on without Tea Cake.
VI. Janie becomes so weak without Tea Cake at the end of paragraph three that she is breaking inside not having Tea Cake to support her fragile heart anymore, not able to physically live without him.
Comments:
-Vlada: I really liked how you focused on imagery. Especially I liked the symbol for the bed, very creative. I didn't really notice the whole bed imagery being so big. I definitely agree though on the whole bed idea now I see it better after thinking about it some more. I like how you said how the chair can't hold her because her fears are weighing her down.
-Sara:Hey!I love all the bright colors you did makes things pop out. I like and agree with the color imagery I didn't think about red standing for attraction but more as hatred though.
-Marylin:I didn't notice either that the s was being repeated in the yellow. I also like though that in the green about the chair how you talked about how there is a mood and tone there.
No comments:
Post a Comment