Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#1 The Piano Lesson

     From what we read in class I thought that August Wilson was just trying to put out a lot of background information on the pages that we read. I think that this book is going to be very funny like when they were talking about watermelons for forever. I was wondering what was Wilson implying though when he uses the word "nigger"? I also was kind of surprised that Boy Willie would knock on the door so early in the morning and wake up the whole house hold. Why couldn't he wait till the morning? Maybe I will understand better once we read more in the book.


Comments:
     I think it is interesting that you thought of slavery playing a role in the book. I agree though with what you said. But I don't think slavery isn't going to play a part in the book.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what he was implying to by using the word "nigger" and i think maybe its to show the time that it takes place in a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight. I also think that most of the characters aren't too intelligent. Rambling about watermelons ≠ a Yale scholarship.

    ReplyDelete