The first thing I tabed in chapter 32 was in the first paragraph when they talk about how Absalom gets no mercy. I thought it was important in the book because his parents are sad but Absalom is happy, like he is excited to go up into the after life. Also he is happy in the jail because he says, "This is a good place. I am locked in." (274)
The second thing I tabed is a quote saying, "When he had finished he went out to look at the clouds,....indeed one or two of them were already sailing overhead." (275) This quote is right after Kumalo reads Msimangu's letter that tells Kumalo that there were clouds in Johannesburg. So then that is when Kumalo looks out his window and sees two clouds. I think during this part in the book Paton is trying to tell us that with the rain comes change and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment