I think it is interesting how even though Boy Willie and Berniece are family, Berniece accuses Willie of stealing the truck and pushing a guy down the well. Then Willie tries to get the piano to sell behind his sister's back. I wonder if they are going to be like this throughout the whole book or just was like that for Scene 1. I thought it is weird how they have these myths (I guess you would call) it of the Ghost of the Yellow Dog and when Berniece "sees" Stutter's ghost. Why is the Ghost of the Yellow Dog so important? Maybe Wilson will talk about it further in the book.
Comments:
I like your idea about how the piano may be the main thing in the book and I definitely agree with you. I think maybe throughout the whole book Boy Willie tries to get Berniece to sell the piano and then in the end realizes that she either sells it or doesn't but helps him some other way to get the money. But I do like your idea about the piano too. I didn't understand either why all the characters are meeting up at Doaker's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment